Following the launches of the Zero Harm Framework and the Global Onshore, Safety, Security and Wellness Policy, CNCo offices around the world undertook a variety of educational talks and activities around the themes of Physical Surroundings, Social Connection, Intellectual, Emotional, Financial and Health Well-being. Onshore Safety Committees (OSCs) were established globally, and onshore safety representatives appointed to maintain a safe office environment.
These activities included:
- American Samoa – implemented local onshore safety procedures.
- Australia – first aid and CPR training for all employees, fire drills, office inspections to identify hazards, test tagging of electrical equipment and ergonomic assessments, mental health, stress management workshops, meditation, Pilates classes and onsite massage sessions for physical well-being.
- Canada – new office set up of the local OSC, first aiders, fire wardens, safety inductions, and evacuation and earthquake procedures, ISSC's Day of the Seafarer Peak Challenge.
- The Chinese mainland – reconvened Welfare committee, organised fitness competitions and blood donation drives, dance classes and nutrition talks. Safety inspections were also completed.
- Fiji – weekly walks, touch rugby, soccer, volleyball games, fun runs.
- Hamburg – implemented local onshore safety procedures and OSC.
- New Zealand – safety / incident reporting and hazard management workplace safety inspections, International Lunch Days, fundraising for deaf children, a beach clean-up exercise, quiz and movie nights, a weight loss competition, information sessions on medical insurance and retirement planning, and providing free lunches for children.
- Papua New Guinea – monthly safety sharing session, safety quizzes, a tee shirt and cap design contests around the Safety I's™,
health talks on tuberculosis, first aid courses, AED training, healthier lunch options for employees.
- Singapore – monthly office inspections and meetings, fire safety / AED / first aid training, social events, fitness assessment sessions, rock climbing, yoga and Pilates classes, talks on nutrition, mindfulness and meditation talks, Walk and Run Challenge, chocolate and terrarium making workshops, as well as the inaugural World AIDS Day fundraiser.
- UK: London and Wells-next-the-Sea – safety audits and updated policies, fire safety, first aid training, fundraising 'Silk Road' challenge and Oscar Dragon Boat Race, introduction of lunchtime Pilates classes.
For more information on the activities please refer to "Our People" section of the report.
The full list of CNCo Safety Statistics can be found in the data section of the report.
Onshore Safety Committees (OSCs) were established globally, and onshore safety representatives appointed to maintain a safe office environment.